How to Place a Test Order
Course content (27 lessons)
02 |How to Get Paid
03 |How to Design Your Store
04 |How to Ship Your Product
05 |Taxes, Billing and Settings
It’s time to place a test order in your store. This will allow you to experience what it’s like to make a purchase on your store, and ensure you’re set up to sell successfully.
In order to place a test order, you must select a Shopify plan.
There are three ways to place a test order, you’ll learn more about in the video:
- Use Shopify’s Bogus Gateway to simulate a transaction.
- Use a real payment provider, and then immediately cancel and refund the order.
- If you’re using Shopify Payments, you can place a test order using test mode.
✅Place a test order on your Shopify store. Check to ensure the order processing, inventory, shipping details, email notifications and taxes are correct.
- Help Center | Placing a Test Order.
To simulate a successful transaction if you’re using Shopify Payments,
use the following information when you are asked for credit card details at checkout:
- Name on card: Enter at least two words.
- Expiry date: Enter any date in the future.
- Security code: Enter any three digits.
Card number: Use any of the following numbers: